Wednesday 21 January 2015

A poor week

This week has been a weird one, after changing from being paid weekly to being paid monthly I had to live on a quarter of what I usually earn, this meant money was extremely tight and we had to live on what I already had in the house.
Lunches at work were the hardest thing when we ran out of fruit, it was sandwich only and a bag of crisps, normally I stay away from crisps but desperate times call for desperate measures.
I have to say it really annoys me how expensive it is to eat healthily, at least in this country. Most of our weekly food bill is taken up by fruit and veg, and whilst a good thing it is also a bad thing. This is one of the reasons, I think, that there are so many obese people in our country, because the food that is not so good for us is 5 times cheaper than that of the stuff that is.
In the exercise front I have done better, not great but better. Went on a few walks at the weekend and did a bit of wii fit in the evenings. However, I know that this was not enough, I need to try and do more. Since the beginning of January I have been setting my alarm for 7am so that I can do some Wii fit before work..this hasn't quite panned out so far. I have managed to oversleep my alarm everyday so far.
I need to train my brain to expect to exercise rather than to think 'meh not today'. It is made harder by the fact that Jon is working away a lot now and I struggle to motivate myself when he is not here. It is also harder for him as his options food wise are limited to whatever the hotel serves.
So, that being said, the plan for this week is to step up the exercise, however having just got back from having root canal done on my tooth I am also thinking that it will be a soup diet or anything slushy for the next few days until the pain has worn off.
This week's being relatively good though has showed, a 2lb loss to get January moving along a bit:
Current Weight: 18st 6lbs

Target weight loss: 1 stone

Pounds left until target: 11lbs

Weightloss so far: 5lbs

Target weight: 17st 11lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment