Monday 8 September 2014

I may be a sheep afterall

I always thought I was more of a shepherd than a sheep in nearly all my walks of life, and if I am going to copy someone I will tell them beforehand e.g. 'Oooh I like your comic book, I am going to buy one for myself' or 'Oh that activity sounds cool I am going to try it too!' 
I know my sheep are good! I should be an artist! ;)

But, when it comes to diets and weight loss I have been reading a lot of people's blogs for help, support, and sometimes even a giggle or two. I have looked at their blogs and thought.. maybe I should do that too.....


Things like before and after photos, now I have a lot of before photos from holidays etc but no 'posed' ones. And now I've lost a stone it's a bit late, however I will do one because I still have a lot of weight to lose do there will still be a comparison to make.

People keep asking me what my end goal weight is and, honestly, I have no idea! My 'ideal' weight from such things as BMI calculators are around 11 stone. Now, whilst that sounds amazing I personally know that being that weight would not suit me, I would look anorexic most likely because of my height etc. I think what I will aim for is ultimately around 13 stone. That would still leave me looking healthy without passers by trying to shove doughnuts in my mouth.

At the same time I am not stupid or ill-informed about weight loss, I know that the closer I get to my goal the harder it will become. I just have to keep positive and keep up the exercise (that hopefully) I will be in the rhythm of and keep pushing.

Another blog I saw they were keeping track of their measurements so that even if they may not have lost weight they had lost some cm/inches off their waist for example. Now I used to do this when I first started losing weight for that very reason, but last week I started again properly, unfortunately I didn't do it this morning as I woke up late and had to rush to work so that will be tomorrow mornings job. I am keeping track of whatever I can; neck, upper arm, bust, under bust, waist, hips, bum, upper thigh and calves.

Now two weeks ago we started going back to the gym and swimming pool, however last week I was hit with the mother of all colds and coughs, Unable to breathe, I thought it was prudent that I didn't extenuate the situation and gave it a miss. Now, I am still suffering from said illness however I have said that we will still go swimming tonight, but I am on light duties, no underwater swimming (my favourite) no ploughing up and down the lanes until I pass out from lack of oxygen! ;)

Quick Flashback to a previous blog

We tried the Inside out chicken kievs last night... and they were NOMMY!! It was basically garlic crusted chicken, but nonetheless was still tasty, even Jon, who doesn't like garlic, enjoyed them! I chose to have potato chunks cooked in fry light as our side. I would recommend the recipe though as it really was tasty, and is going in our recipe book! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of them before I ate them up! Maybe next time?

Now onto business: This week's weigh in!

Well it seems was a great week for my because after WEEKS of trying I have finally dipped under the 19 stone marker that has been tormenting me! I have lost 3lbs this week making me 18st 12lbs. It may not seem like much but to me it is amazing! It has been SO long since I saw that number 18 on my scale, I was jumping around the bathroom very excited.

Now my target for 2 weeks time is still 12lbs away due to my hovering weight around my birthday, because I forgot to think of this when setting the target and the unlikelihood of me losing 6lb a week for the next two weeks, I have granted myself a small extension. I have now made the target 6th October and still to be 18 stone. I think that this is doable now I am back in my groove!

Current Weight: 18st 12lbs

Target weight loss date: 6th October

Pounds left until target: 12lbs

Weightloss so far: 4lb


Target weight: 18st 0lb

No comments:

Post a Comment